- To promote, protect and coordinate the national interest of Ghana in Zimbabwe and countries of concurrent accreditation;
- To enhance friendly relations and to promote political, economic and socio-cultural cooperation with Zimbabwe and countries of concurrent accreditation;
- To provide effective consular services timelessly;
- To promote and coordinate effective Diaspora engagements in Zimbabwe and countries of concurrent accreditation.
- DEVELOPING AND SUSTAINING INTERNATIONAL GOODWILL, SOLIDARITY AND SUPPORT FOR NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT
To maintain a diplomatic presence in Zimbabwe, Mozambique and the Comoros geared towards attracting Foreign Direct Investments, political goodwill and international solidarity.
- TO PROMOTE ECONOMIC DIPLOMACY
To support the national objective of diversifying and increasing Ghana’s export base by actively participating in local and international trade fairs, exhibitions and to take advantage of preferential trade agreements with Zimbabwe and countries of concurrent accreditation.
- PARTICIPATION IN THE DELIBERATIONS OF BILATERAL AND MULTILATERAL ENGAGEMENTS
To articulate Ghana’s views in major international conferences and deliberations of multilateral institutions and to seek solutions to the challenges confronting international peace, stability and development.
The objective of the Consular Section is to provide efficient services to Ghanaians and non-Ghanaians resident in Zimbabwe, Mozambique and the Comoros interested in exploring business and tourism opportunities in Ghana.
The Consular section offers the following services:
- Issuance of Visas
- Processing of Passports
- Authentication / Legalisation of Documents
- Attestation of Documents
- Renunciation of Citizenship
- Issuance of Emergency Travel Certificates / Laissez Passer
- Organization of the Ghanaian Community in Zimbabwe, Mozambique and the Comoros for peaceful co-existence
- Consular visits
- Evacuation of Ghanaians in emergency situations
- Assistance to stranded Ghanaians where applicable
- Registration of resident & visiting Ghanaians