- Passport applications must be submitted personally or by courier by the applicant to the Ghana Embassy.
- Applicants under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Passport processing takes between four to six weeks and the applicant would be informed when the passport is ready.
- All applicants must be Ghanaian nationals, and evidence of Ghanaian citizenship will be required in the form of an expired or current passport, Ghanaian birth certificate, National Identification Card etc.
- Applicants holding only Ghanaian birth certificates will be required to submit some other proof of identity such as school certificates, driver’s license or employment/student/other ID card, to confirm that he or she is the person whose name and details appear on the birth certificate.
- An applicant for a new passport must duly complete a passport application form online and submit four passport-sized photographs (except for Biometric passports) and other relevant documents, e.g. birth certificate, Expired/current passport.
- All supporting documents must be submitted in original form with copies. Note that such original documents will be returned to the applicant.
- An application for a passport may be submitted not later than six months to the date of expiry. An application for a new passport may also be submitted when the pages of current passport leaflets are completed.
An application for a new passport for a child born in Zimbabwe or any of the countries of concurrent accreditation must be supported by a birth certificate and the Ghanaian passports of either of the parents.
SPECIAL NOTICE TO APPLICANTS WITHOUT PASSPORTS
Kindly note that passports would not be issued to applicants who were born in Ghana and claim to have travelled outside Ghana without their Ghanaian passports or applicants with lost passports.
The normal process would be for such applicants to return to Ghana to apply for a passport from the Director of Passports, Accra.
|Standard 32 Page Passport Booklet (New/Renewal)||130 USD|
|32 Page Passport Booklet – Lost, Damaged or Stolen Passport||230 USD|
|Standard 48 Page Passport Booklet(New/Renewal)||200 USD|
|48 Page Passport Booklet – Lost, Damaged or Stolen Passport||270 USD|
FORM OF PAYMENT
- Payment for all services provided by the Embassy should either be by Online Payment, Deposit at Bank or through Bank Transfer and the Receipt submitted at the Embassy or via email.
- The Mission would not accept any other form of payment.
Passport application fees once paid are not refundable.
COLLECTION OF ISSUED PASSPORTS
Newly issued passports should be collected personally by the applicants or his/her representative. The person will be required to fill in and sign the appropriate column of the passport collection book.
For the machine-readable passports, the applicant will have to append his or her signature in the passport in the presence of the Head of the Consular Section before the passport will be released to him/her.
ACCOUNT NAME: EMBASSY OF GHANA
BANK NAME: STANBIC
A/C NO: 9140001087699
CURRENCY UNITED STATES DOLLARS (USD)
ACCOUNT TYPE: SPECIAL COLLECTIONS ACCOUNT (US$)
SWIFT CODE: SBICZWHX